Scribbler Works

Musings on life, Christianity, writing and art, entertainment and general brain clutter.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hollywood, California, United States

Writer and artist, and amateur literary scholar ("amateur" in the literal sense, for the love of it). I work in Show Biz.

Friday, January 02, 2009

REVIEWING MY YEAR

I began 2008 with a short list of things I meant to fulfill during the year. Of those, only one was actually achieved, but to me, it was the biggest one.

I did finally get my book, The Scribbler's Guide to the Land of Myth, into print. Well, print-on-demand. And I'm slowly getting the word out about it.

Of my other plans, they were only partially achieved. I did indeed work on my fantasy novel, The Ring of Adonel, but I didn't complete it. Even so, I got past some sticking points and can see my way to the end of it.

The apartment is not quite in the order I want it to be. After leaving my job with Jeopardy!, I had 18 years of reference book purchases, and various other office items to integrate into the apartment furnishings. This has forced even more decisions about what to keep on shelves in the apartment and what to put into boxes in my storage unit. And shifting material all around to accomodate the influx (plus all the things that came from my mother's home). But in this too, I can see the end of it, which is very pleasing.

The website, alas, needs work. I have not updated it in quite a while and I need to do that.

Even so, 2008 was a watershed year for me. God certainly brought about the "turning my life upside-down" that I asked for in 2007. I enter the New Year with entirely new prospects ahead of me. I need to find a new source of income, and I don't know the form this will take. I don't really want to go into another office job -- I have really enjoyed these months away from that routine. But whatever it will be, it is in God's hands. And He knows my desires and needs. And the prospect of "something different" actually appeals to me.

I'm feeling optimistic about this coming year. I'll have to buckle down and work, to be sure. But I'm optimistic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home